Testosterone is the most well-known sex hormone produced in the male body. It is the hormone that controls a man's sex drive. Testosterone is also the hormone that is primarily responsible for the lean body mass of a man. Beginning between the age of 30 and 40, testosterone levels in the normal male begin to decline. As the level declines, men begin to notice changes in sex drive and changes in the way their bodies look. Men may also notice diminished strength and energy as levels decline. Using proven testosterone boosters (both supplements and natural) can counteract many of these effects of low testosterone.
Testosterone Booster Supplements Recommendation
Taking testosterone supplements must always be done under the supervision of your healthcare provider. Usually taken one or two times a day, be sure to follow the instructions on the label since dosages and ingredients vary. Side effects will also vary and may include breast enlargement, a decrease in the size of your testicles, acne, and fluid retention. Take the supplements consistently to minimize side effects and report all side effects to your doctor.
Billed as a natural testosterone booster, Testogenix is rated number one because it contains clinically researched ingredients that act quickly to produce results.
Ingredients: Calcium fructate, D-Aspartic Acid, Maca Root, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Eurycoma longifolia, Avena Sativa
Benefits: Benefits include increased strength and muscles with decreased body fat and increased libido, increased testosterone without increasing cortisol levels as well as improved immune system, bones and skin.
Ranked as number 2, Syntheroid is another supplement that acts as a testosterone booster
Ingredients: Active ingredients include: Tribulus Terrestris, Fenugreek, Horny Goat Weed, Dandelion Root, Milk Thistle, BioPerine and D-Aspartic Acid.
Benefits: Increased muscle growth and strength. Increased energy and libido. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
3. Testogenix and Syntheroid kit
Ingredients: Active ingredients include all of the ingredients in Testogenix and Syntheroid
Benefits: Benefits include all of those listed for Testogenix and Syntheroid in one all-inclusive kit.
4. Alpha T1
Ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid, Tribulus Terrestris, Calcium fructate, Forskolin, Horny Goat weed, Eurycoma longifolia, Deer Antler velvet, 7-Keto DHEA, Alpha GPC, AstraGin, BioPerine
Benefits: Increased testosterone levels and reduced body fat through increased fat metabolism. Increased muscle mass and libido. Accelerates muscle repair.
Ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid, Magnesium oxide, Cholecalciferol, Suma root, Ginger
Benefits: Available as a powder for those who cannot take pills or want to mix it with other testosterone boosting supplements.
Ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid, Tribulus Terrestris, Calcium fructate, Forslean, Horny Goat weed, Coleus Forskohlii
Benefits: Increased testosterone with natural substances. Increased lean muscle. Burns calories and helps to suppress appetite.
7. TEST Powder
Ingredients: Aframomum Melegueta, Garcinia Mangostana, Mucuna Pruriens Extract, D-Aspartic Acid
Benefits: Builds lean muscle and burns fat. Testosterone booster and antioxidant in a powder. Contains L-Dopa that may help improve mood.
8. Universal Animal TEST
Ingredients: Urtica Dioica, Cissus Quadrangularis, Polygonum Cuspidatum
Benefits: Increased muscle mass and energy and reduced recovery time during exercise. Antioxidant and increased bowel motility.
Billed as a fat burner that produces muscle mass.
Ingredients: Chromium, Beta alanine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Tribulus Terrestris, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Ketones, Horny Goat Weed, Eurycoma Longifolia, Evodia, Guggulsterone, Beta Alanine
Benefits: Increased lean muscle and energy levels. Helps maintain blood sugar levels and increase protein synthesis.
10. P6 Extreme
Increases testosterone and blocks estrogen
Ingredients: Beta-Sitosterol, Ovine Placenta Powder, Agaricus Bisporus Extract, Sclareolide
Benefits: Increases libido while decreasing effects of estrogen; strengthens immune system; raises energy levels; produces lean muscle mass
How to Boost Testosterone Naturally
There are several scientifically sound ways to boost your testosterone level naturally. These boosters include:
- Lose Weight. According to studies reported in 2012, men who are overweight have lower testosterone levels than men who are thinner. Lose weight via physical exercises to boost your testosterone.
- Exercise Intensely. Men who do high-intensity exercising (as opposed to aerobic or prolonged exercise) have higher testosterone - and testosterone levels that will not decline as quickly. Use any type of equipment for targeted goals.
- Train Your Strength. If you do intense strength training, you can increase your testosterone. Add the weight on and decrease the number of repetitions. Slow down the weight lifting to increase the intensity of strength training.
- Increase Vitamin D Intake. Vitamin D is a natural steroid that is vital for maintenance of semen, sperm and testosterone. Be sure to get out into the sun for about ten minutes each day to get natural Vitamin D. You can also take vitamin B supplements with your doctor's recommendation.
- Increase Zinc Intake. Studies show that increasing your zinc intake for only six weeks will also increase your testosterone level. If you do not get enough zinc, your testosterone levels will actually begin to decline.
- Increase Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) Intake. BCAAs can be found in supplements but if you would rather eat your nutrients, try good cheeses or whey protein. Combine these BCAA foods with strength training for a real boost in your testosterone.
- Reduce Stress. The stress reaction releases cortisol a hormone that controls the "fight or flight" response. Unfortunately, cortisol also blocks testosterone. Reduce your stress to reduce your cortisol to increase your testosterone level.
- Limit Sugar Intake. High levels of the hormone insulin can result in low testosterone levels. If you eat a lot of sugar and simple carbohydrates, your pancreas will begin to produce more insulin. The result? Decreased testosterone.
- Eat Healthy Fats. Your body must have unsaturated AND saturated fats to keep a healthy level of testosterone. Studies show that a diet low in fat will actually lead to lower testosterone levels. Examples of healthy fats include coconut and coconut oil, olive and olive oil, raw nuts, avocados and organic pastured egg yolks.